URB, Inc. is a Hope & Help Partner of the United Relief Foundation a nonprofit 501 (c)(3) humanitarian aid organization and in its role as a Hope & Help Partner, URB, Inc.’s Brian Urbanowski assess the viability of property, facilitates property acquisition and sale.
Donated property is either rehabilitated or sold, with proceeds used to support United Relief Foundation’s Standing Tall for Veterans in need efforts.
Your reward will be the everlasting satisfaction knowing that your donation was used to help Veterans in need and the benefits you receive could go beyond a very nice tax deduction. To learn more about the United Relief Foundation click here.
Do you have a property you would like to Donate to Charity in Chicago?
According to the Internal Revenue Service, the federal tax code allows individuals and businesses to make noncash contributions to qualifying charities and to claim deductions for these contributions on their tax returns. Gifts of donated property, clothing, and other noncash items have long been an important source of revenue for many charitable organizations and a popular deduction for taxpayers.
Added Benefits¹ to Donating Property right Now!
- No more property taxes: Yes, property taxes can be a deduction. But, paying property taxes is an ongoing outlay of cash and most likely any property tax deduction would be more than off set by the deduction you’ll receive from donating your property before your next tax bill is due.
- No more upkeep costs: Chicago’s stiffer penalties and stricter requirements on owners to maintain their properties have substantial raised the cost just for upkeep, especially for vacant houses.
- Keeping even more money in your Bank account: Along with No more property taxes and No more upkeep costs, you’ll be able to rid yourself of the cost of insurance and utilities also.
- Best market value: Not unless you plan to make property improvements or hoping for some big upswing in market value, than best market value for donating your property is most likely right now, before any more depreciable wear-and-tear occurs.
¹”Added Benefits” are our observations and NOT tax advice from us nor the Internal Revenue Service. We always recommend that you consult with a tax professional.
For More Information Please Visit
Hope & Help Recipient
Hope & Help Recipient – Theron
Theron is a United States Marine Veteran who lost his home several years ago. Thanks to our efforts at Urban Renewal Project and cooperation with United Relief Foundation, Theron was given an opportunity to own a home and more hopeful future of his family!
Do you want to donate a property to charity in Chicago but are unsure if your property qualifies?
Types of Real Estate Charities accept for donation
- Brick or Frame Homes
- Single Family Homes
- Town homes & Condominiums
- 2 Flats, 3 Flats & 4 Flats
- Residential Apartment Buildings
- Foreclosures for Sale
- Bank Foreclosed Homes
- Commercial Buildings
- Apartment Buildings
- Hotels and Motels
- Rooming Houses
- Mixed Use Properties
- Strip Malls / Churches
- Vacant land / Empty lots
- Shopping Centers / Church properties
- Duplexes / Duplex dwellings
Want to Donate your House? Is you house in one of the following conditions?
- Handyman Specials
- With Past Due water bills
- With Building code violations
- With Past Due Taxes
Please note: We are now accepting real estate donations for various Churches on the south and west sides of Chicago
Here’s a couple of other ways to help the homeless in Chicago urbanrenewalproject.org/how-